Born 1980 in Lohr am Main, Germany. Lives in New York City.
Nadja Frank’s work operates on the edge between painting, sculpture and architectural environments. Her recent site-specific installations deal with transience, the process of making, and the manner in which color interacts with space. Frank received her Diploma in Fine Arts with Honors from Hochschule fur bildende Künste in Hamburg, Germany in 2008, and her M.F.A. from Columbia University. She has exhibited internationally in solo exhibitions at 401contemporary Berlin/London (Berlin), Margini Arte Contemporanea (Massa, Italy), Galerie Conradi (Hamburg), and in group exhibitions at Kunst und Ausstellungshalle der Bundesrepublik Deutschland (Bonn), Kunstverein Hamburg, Kolbe Museum (Berlin), Chelsea Art Museum (New York), and Socrates Sculpture Park (New York).
Press & News
- 03.12.2015 New York Times Blog reviews "Self Check Out"
- 11.03.2014 Whitewall lists Rock Shop III as a “November Show to Know”
- 10.28.2014 Bedford + Bowery: A Traveling Artist Wants You to Meet Her Pet Rocks
- 05.25.2013 The Wall Street Journal: A Rock Shop, Pet Snakes and Abstracts
- 06.13.2013 Art Observed: "Nadja Frank: 'Rock Shop' at Denny Gallery"