Born 1962 in Bronxville, New York. Lives in New York City.
Erin O’Keefe is a visual artist and an architect. Her work explores both the specific properties of photography and many of the material and theoretical concerns of architecture. She is in conversation with a lineage of photographers from Florence Henri and others in the early 20th century to Barbara Kasten, who started exhibiting in the early 1970s, to contemporaries who are also examining photography on an elemental level specific to the digital age.
Erin O’Keefe received her Master of Architecture degree from Columbia University and her Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from Cornell University. O’Keefe’s most recent solo exhibition was Book of Days at Denny Gallery in 2017. Other recent exhibitions include Ampersand Gallery in Portland, OR, Albada Jelgersma in Amsterdam, Gallery Jones in Vancouver, Inside Out Upside Down at The Photographer’s Gallery in London, (Not So) Still Life at Wave Hill in Bronx and Big Nothing in Sous Les Etoiles Gallery in New York. She has been featured in Artforum, The New Yorker, Collector Daily, Huffington Post, Musée Magazine and Paper Journal.Download CV
Press & News
- 05.15.2018 Erin O'Keefe in The Village Voice
- 06.07.2017 Review in Artforum by Jeff GIbson
- 05.01.2017 Review of "Book of Days" by Collector Daily.
- 04.24.2017 Q&A with Blouin Artinfo
- 02.07.2017 "Photo II @ Transmitter Gallery" reviewed in Collector Daily
- 07.11.2016 "Big Nothing" in The New Yorker
- 07.05.2016 "5 Photography Exhibitions to See This Summer" in Aperture Blog
- 05.31.2016 Interview with Danni Shen from Wave Hill
- 04.27.2016 Interview by Artspace
- 04.23.2016 Exhibition at Wave Hill reviewed in Musee Magazine
- 02.01.2016 Erin O'Keefe in Paper Sea Magazine
- 10.05.2015 Erin O'Keefe in The New Yorker
- 09.15.2015 Erin O'Keefe reviewed by Loring Knoblauch for Collector Daily
- 09.09.2015 Studio Visit: Erin O'Keefe in Paper Journal
- 09.25.2015 Video interview with Erin O'Keefe on Gorky's Granddaughter
- 04.22.2015 Barbara Kasten: New Peers in Contemporary Photography in HuffPost
- 03.26.2015 Erin O'Keefe's Multidimensional Photographs Might Melt Your Brain on Humble Arts Foundation Blog
- 04.01.2015 Erin O'Keefe one of PDN's 30
- 10.04.2015 Erin O'Keefe on Style No Chaser